Last Updated: September 4, 2018
Website. The Website allow you to view and purchase Descente products, stay in the know with respect to product launches and updates and view information about Descente, as further described herein. The Website provides users with the chance to learn more about Descente, its products and services, purchase gear and clothing, and the ability to post their thoughts, product reviews and comments to the Website. Through the Website, users may view the various products and services offered by Descente and learn more about products offered by Descente.
How Website Work. Our Website allows you to view Descente’s products, stay updated on new products and promos and purchase products through the Website!
Children. Our Website is not directed to children and no one under the age of 13 is eligible to use our Website. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Website.
Privacy of Information. Descente has made the Website Secure Socket Layer (SSL) enabled to better protect Personal Information. In order for SSL to function property, you must be using a browser with a security function (e.g., Google Chrome or Firefox). SSL helps to protect Personal Information by encrypting it so that it may be more difficult for third parties to access the Personal Information.
Information We Collect
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Website to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Website.
Specifically, we collect the following types of Personal Information:
Voluntary Information: We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as information that you provide directly to us in order to enable us to provide you with the Website. We may also receive requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Website.
Usage/Account Information: We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily when signing up for email communication through the Website and in the course of your use of the Website.
Indexing/Third Parties: We may obtain information about you from third parties or through our indexing and analytics tools.
Communications: When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us.
Sweepstakes: If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Website, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
Other: We may also collect Personal Information at other points through our Website that state that Personal Information is being collected.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website a more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Website to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
Disclosure – Analytics.
How We Use Information
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Facilitate the creation of and administration of your Account;
- Allow you to communicate with other users of the Website;
- Allow you to purchase products through the Website;
- Provide you with the Website and complete your transactions;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Help understand your needs and tailor the features and content of the Website to you;
- Respond to and, as applicable, fulfill your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Verify your compliance with your obligations in our Terms of Service;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Website and for other marketing purposes;
- Improve the quality and functionality of the Website;
- Perform look-alike targeting through certain SNS providers, such as Facebook or Instagram;
- Communicate with you about the Website.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor the Website to our users’ needs. However, we reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose, and to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction. We provide analytics based upon our customer’s use of the Website to prospective partners, other customers, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, actual statements, verbatim, as made by our customers.
How We Disclose Information
We may also disclose certain Personal Information:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Website, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information (e.g., other individuals that you wish to connect with via the Website).
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analytics, website hosting, payment processing (e.g., Stripe), information technology, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Website, most of the Personal Information you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. By default, your Profile is not for public viewing. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post through the Website are also meant for pubic consumption. We may display this content through the Website and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Email Communications. We will communicate with you primarily in the form of emails. You can manage the frequency and/or opt out of receiving these communications by changing your settings in your Account and/or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Website-related communications (e.g., emails related to your Account).
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Website and your social media account or mobile device.
Feedback and Reviews
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on the Website.
Descente Size Guide
Step 1: Measure Yourself
Step 2: Determine Your Size
Correct sizing begins with the chart below. Borderline between two sizes? Order the smaller size for a fit that’s tighter or the larger size for one that’s looser. For tops — If your chest and waist measurements correspond to two different sizes, use the size indicated by your chest measurement. For bottoms — If your hips and waist measurements correspond to two different sizes, use your hip measurement size.
|SIZE||CHEST (in.)||WAIST (in.)||HIPS (in.)|
Still not sure what size to order? No problem. Returns are always free. Learn More
Sign up to Receive
Your First Purchase
Be in the know with new products, upcoming events and latest sales.